Saturday, December 26, 2015

I'm Not Done Yet


I never took a break from you

Maybe from your hands

Maybe from our phone calls

but did we ever say anything

besides, I love you, and good-bye


Then, of course, there is me

So sure that I don’t need anybody

A heart that remembers every Good Morning

that remembers every single orgasm

The body you once fell asleep on

Maybe you do not miss me, I do

I miss me being naked in your kitchen

I miss me having a key to your apartment

I have this stack of type-written poems about you


it is gathering dust, it is incomplete


You could have this extra key of mine

it lives next to my bills and keepsakes

and no matter which side of the bed I crawl out of
my feet keep pushing one in front of the other
and it feels like I'm running towards you

No comments:

Post a Comment